Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Looking back at Feb 5th

A few scores from yesterday that really surprised me:

Indiana State 59 Northern Iowa 46
Northern Iowa needed this win in the worst way to stay on the bubble and lost to maybe the coldest team in the MVC right now. They were crushed on the boards in this game and poor shooting continues to plague them.

Morgan State 54 Delaware State 40
A shocker for me. Delaware State had been rolling through the MEAC and Morgan State's coach Todd Bozeman just had a run in with some ham sandwiches he didn't seem to enjoy. This loss could be the difference between a guaranteed 16 seed or the play-in game.

Loyola Marymount 67 Gonzaga 61
I guess I shouldn't be as shocked by this since LMU is getting much healthier as evidenced by their big win at Santa Clara over a week ago. I still think Gonzaga's in even if they don't win the WCC tourney. They can't afford too many more of these though.

No comments: